Thursday, October 2, 2008

1/10 - Sydney

In the morning I went to a cruise on the Harbour. An explorer ship took me all over the interesting points of the bay including Fort Denison, Shark Island, The Luna Park, and finally I got off in Darling Harbour next to the warships and the submarine. I felt that I must see them, so I entered the National Maritime Museum, bought tickets for the destroyer and the submarine. Patiently heared some explanations from a navy veteran old man, he thought he was speaking English, I didn't. Very interesting ships, amazing insight to what used to be the permanent lifestyle on the HMAS (Her Majesty's Australian Ship).
After lunch at home Jutka and Stan took me to the Gap and to Bondi beach. The Gap used to be the favorite place for suicide jumpers, amazing ocean view with huge rocks on the seashore. Bondi - is maybe the most beautiful beach I've seen.
We ate in an ex-Hungarian (Jewish) cafe which is currently in Russian hands (Jewish).
On the way home we went over the Italian neighborhood and crossed the military bridge [I can't remember its name].
From Australia

From Australia

From Australia

From Australia

From Australia

From Australia

No comments: